Monday, December 7, 2009

Kaysville Hike

I decided to be brave and attempt a hike with Jayden and Madyson by myself since Jayden loves waterfalls and there was some on this hike. I had no idea what I was getting myself into! Madyson cried from the minute we couldn't see the car anymore and wanted me to carry her. Yeah right I could barely carry my own weight let alone hers. Jayden did really well and didn't cry once or ask me to hold him which was nice. The hike was a lot harder than I thought and was about 2 miles round trip. It was up hill the way there and we only made it to the first bridge with a small waterfall which the kids thought was awesome and that was enough for me. They found a friend and a dog while we were there resting. So needless to say I wont be doing that again alone!

Jayden and Madyson playing by the bridge


Jayden stopping to pose


The view from where we were on the side of the mountains

My handsome boy


Playing in the dirt

Madyson had to have water within like 5 feet

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I agree, hiking is not easy with little ones. It looks like you managed to have a good time anyway though! Great pics of the kids!

Bacchus Family said...

Utah does have some nice hiking areas. I'm pretty sure Charles would have just made me carry him the whole time.

Ranae and Matt said...

I love Jayden's poses. So cute and so beautiful up there